Monday, May 28, 2007

Our profession

At one of the many meet and greets recently for the summer newbies at the evil legal enterprise--I'm taking to a 5th year about random things for a couple of minutes, and he happens to have a girl with him, a girlfriend or spouse I presumed.

The next day...
Me: That girl you were with last night at the reception seemed really nice.
Him: Thanks. She is. Do you want her number and her rates?

Now, I was completely at a loss for words (a rare occasion). I couldn't give the usual excuse of being a poor law student. Or say something slightly smart that might not be looked too favorably upon by people I'm supposed to be impressing. So, I was left with only one thing to say.

Me: Right now, no. I have a girlfriend.

So, what does this say about the profession I am entering?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not quite catching what your point is.

Do all lawyers employ prostitutes?
Are all persons that employ prostitutes lawyers?

What exactly is the problem with employing a prostitute?

12:46 AM  
Blogger angela said...

LMFAO ... WOW. I would've been speechless as well.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home