Saturday, April 07, 2007

Return on investment

The second time law school has paid off. See instance #1 here.

I recently bought something online and I decided to return it. I followed through on my part, but the company was not being very responsive and violated the refund terms of their sales agreement.

So, I wrote them a formal-sounding email. As opposed to my encounter with the California Highway Patrol where I attempted to apply principles of Con Law that I hadn't yet learned, I actually knew stuff about contracts. The email used fancy lawyer words like "breach", "violation", "goodwill", "bad faith", and threatening a lawsuit for "compensatory and punitive damages unless there is a prompt resolution of this matter." And I made sure to sign the email indicating my educational status and sent it from my law school email account.

And surprise surprise, I got a refund the very next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home