Monday, March 26, 2007

Give up now

You're not going to make it on to law review. Give up now. Enjoy your break.

What I did yesterday:
-snowboarded
-made a snowman (seriously!)
-drank
-watched basketball
-outdoor hottubbing while it was snowing around us
-"never have I ever" with random strangers in hot tub (great icebreaker!)

The cold part of my spring break is now over. On to the part where I trade my snowboard for a surfboard.

Again, stop stressing over the writeon. Do you lack that much confidence in yourself and your ability to have a normal conversation with recruiter/judge that you think that being on law review will make up for your lack of self-confidence and inability to have a normal conversation when you are looking for a clerkship/biglaw job?

6 Comments:

Blogger the dealers advocate said...

Love the brutal honesty.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Jane Doe said...

Way to be insecure about the fact that you're not even trying...

7:05 PM  
Blogger The Fox said...

I'm missing something here. I know that logical reasoning was my worst section (4 wrong spread across 2 sections) on the LSAT, so care to explain your logic?

The reason that the law review packet went into the recycling bin was exactly because I am secure in myself and my ability to talk to old white hiring partners about horses, art, golf, and whisky, (even though I hate golf, haven't been on a horse in my life, can't name a single 'Old Master', and am partial only to Blue Label) that I don't need to pad my resume with worthless L.R.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Jane Doe said...

I understand not doing law review, and I understand if the reason is that you don't feel you need it on your resume.

What I'm referring to is your two full posts of relentless mocking/insulting of those students who are making the effort. You don't want to do it? That's fine. But I can't understand why you would be making such an effort to make those who are doing it feel bad or stupid unless you are insecure in your own decision.

10:18 AM  
Blogger M.T. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:11 PM  
Blogger M.T. said...

UCLA gaming?

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home