Thursday, April 12, 2007

BBB

Another first today since law school...

I was driving my [name of cheap car] today as any good Californian does to go anywhere...whether it be to the supermarket or down the block to the In-N-Out. I'm sitting at a stop light rocking out to Chris Daughtry (that was what the radio station happened to be playing, I swear), when I hear a screech and feel my car jolt. That's right, someone just rear-ended me. And they just rear-ended a law student. Waited for the CHP to come to do a report and traded the insurance info. We'll see how it turns out. Don't worry though, my car is fine, with only a dent in the rear bumper and a busted tail-light, while the other car had worse damage than mine.

I was taught to drive a long time ago back in [hometown] (that's for you, L.Z.) by a rather crude uncle. His first lesson to me, given to me before even buckling my seat belt, was that there's three kinds of drivers you can't trust. "Black cars, BMWs, and blondes" as he eloquently, yet crudely, said. The three Bs as he used to call them.

And guess who hit me today....

A typical L.A. blonde lady driving a black BMW. While talking on a cell phone. I kid you not.

3 Comments:

Blogger Butterflyfish said...

>>>And they just rear-ended a law student.

Fellow law student got caught speeding out of state. Bad speeding, I guess, because $350+ ticket. He decided to fight. Suit and tie and traffic court. End result: pay ticket + court appearance fee.

Too bad he didn't have your skills to avoid the ticket before it was written.

2:34 AM  
Blogger The Fox said...

it would have been something had I talked my way out of a ticket that I deserved. I simply talked my way out of a ticket where I was right.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Counsellor in Cultivation said...

yes, the wax is scary. but not nearly as scary as a "hit" by a BBB. get with the times, dude.

and, do i REALLY have to type that code shit to publish this comment while i'm wasted? that's, like, site-visit prohibitive. :o)

also, it starts "exm..." which just makes me thing EXAMS which makes me feel extremely GUILTY for not working on, um, Con law...

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home