Thursday, November 02, 2006

Law school humor

(Background: 1L female is telling me about how she is sexually frustrated. This seems to be a common theme running through many 1Ls, male and female alike.)

1L: I'm not sure I can take it anymore.
ME: You know, there's a real simple solution: Just go and have yourself some wild monkey sex.
1L: Is that an offer?
ME: Is that an acceptance?
1L: What do you think a contracts professor would say?
ME: Something about how offering sex would just be a unilateral promise and hence no consideration.
1L: Damn! I guess no valid contract then.
ME: I'm afraid not. Unless we can show promissory estoppel and how one of us changed our position adversely in reliance on the promise of wild monkey sex.
1L: Would damages then be specific performance?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love law student humor

Butterflyfish

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It gets less and less funny as you get closer to graduation. :)

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home