Monday, October 16, 2006

I pass

Sorry for the lack of updates, but life has been busy. I've been working for the last two days on my legal memo, even though it is ungraded, but the professor wants a good-faith effort or else he will take points off the graded memo.

Today, I did what no one in my small section has done (Here at UCLA, we have two big section classes, a small section class, and the writing class). Because I had been working on my memo, I neglected to do the reading for my substantive classes. I was cold-called on today, and I said "I pass." Silence filled the room, as none of the 25 people in the small section had uttered those words in two months. I guess my section is just really studious, or they're pretty good at BS-ing their way through. The professor said "OK" and called on someone else.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nomadic said...

Ah, its not so bad. As you correctly noted, its the students (still afraid of losing their "edge") that are the most flabbergasted, the teachers appreciate that you didn't waste their time for a 5 min. BS session.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home