Tuesday, October 10, 2006

From the readers

Email from a reader:

“You’ve caused quite a stir among some of us in the 1L class with your blog. You do a good job of chronicling life here at UCLA law…So, who exactly are you?”

[UCLA 1L]


Come on, now. You’re going to have to do a lot better than that if you are to find out who I am. (Contrary to some things you might read on this blog, I’m not that easy). I’m not adverse to having people find me out, as I see it happening eventually, but they’re going to have to do their share of detective work and/or stalking to find me. I give enough hints and by putting everything together piece by piece, I'm sure one can slowly figure me out.

To the 1L who sent me this email: I know who you are, and I know you know who I am. Beyond that, you’ll have to use your sleuthing skills to find out who I am. Wasn’t my previous hint enough? Just look for a white, average, heterosexual, middle class male who looks 68% like Tom Hanks and 59% like Justin Timberlake. Shouldn’t be too hard.

I’ll give you two more hints, personality-wise.
1. Like all bloggers, I’m at heart an introvert. I do play the whole socializing bit and the whole networking thing that law students are taught, but at the end of the day, I’m value my alone-time. Bloggers, by definition, feel more comfortable sharing their thoughts with the computer.
2. While some of my exploits are exciting and some of my opinions are perhaps controversial, I don’t think I’m that different from everyone else. Most law students I’m sure have just as crazy if not crazier exploits and opinions, but are too embarrassed/modest/PC to share them. I’m no different than most, except that I’m completely honest about everything.

OK, that’s all the freebies I am going to give. You will have to do your detective work to find out the rest.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That doesn't give me any additional hints. As you know, because of prop. 209, the 1L class is pretty homogeneous: white and middle class.

1:35 PM  
Blogger The Fox said...

My intentions exactly. Since you brought it up, I'll try to do a post on 209 later in the week.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home