Wednesday, November 21, 2007

It's me

As Thanksgiving rolls around, most of us with firm offers will have done all our declining, and have figured out where we are going to go this summer. I never really thought about etiquette for declining offers, but I've heard students describe it as breaking up with someone in a relationship.

My routine when calling up firms to decline can be described as the "it's not you, it's me" explanation. That the firm I'm calling up to decline is the best place to work in the world, and that me, as a ignorant law student has problems being around greatness.

I made one of these calls to a firm in the courtyard in between class one day. Someone who heard me told me that it was one of the best firm declines s/he has heard, and that I must have had lots of experience with "it's not you, it's me."

-----------------

Here is a UCLAW alum in the news (all I know is that recruiting must have sucked for her, since she couldn't take advantage of all the free alcohol). Also, if you haven't heard, alum Alex Kozinski was recently appointed the chief of the 9th Circuit.

Happy holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home