Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Prom

Something is definitely in the air when girls are checking out different dresses online in class...

Typical conversation I've heard countless times:
Girl: "Are you going to Barrister's Ball"
Boy: "Yes. Are you?"
Awkward silence ensues. Both are going stag and neither wants to bring up suggesting that they should go together.

My suggestion to the guy:
Boy: "Um, [looking down] I was wondering [scratching head] um, if you don't, um, have a date [hands in back pocket] and I don't, um, have a date [nervous rocking] and maybe we should [still looking down avoiding eye contact] maybe, like, go together [more scratching head] but if you, um, don't want to [more nervous rocking] that's okay too."

Might as well make it like high school all over again.

Prom, except we can all legally drink this time, and the open bar...Coming this Friday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Butterflyfish said...

I am getting "peer pressure" to cough up the $125 to attend.

Prom? In law school? Really?

1:55 PM  
Blogger angela said...

I'm going stag because of situations like the one you just described above, and I'm totally not asking anyone. But hey... at least you have an open bar. Ours is cash, so a lot of people are planing to sneak flasks in.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home