Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Me, to the highest bidder

(First off, I wish to thank TJ for bringing attention to my resume situation, and for those who asked, I did get a few interviews out of the batch.)

The following is something I've been considering, and perhaps it will help a good cause:

I've noticed that more and more hits are coming from UCLA domains or coming from google searches of "UCLA 1L blog." I also notice more chatter re: this blog in the halls. Naturally, there is also much speculation as to my identity. Who exactly is the tall, charming, witty, and dashing Fox, people wonder. I don't live under the illusion that I will be anonymous forever, as sooner or later I will slip up.

So, I've recently thought of the following. I might be willing to put myself up for auction (no, not a date auction, since I did that once during college, to disastrous/hilarious consequences.) More specifically, the public interest people will have an auction during the spring to raise money for summer funding. So perhaps, I might be willing to auction off my identity to the highest bidder. I will in all likelihood be working in a big, bad firm this summer, and I might as well help a good cause. I'm not sure how all this would work out, but there would definitely need to have a reserve, as I'm not that cheap and (sl)easy (at least not before a few drinks).

Details to be determined. I'm putting this out there to gauge interest.

Of course, here's the law school training kicking in: this post should not be construed of as an offer, but merely as an solicitation to receive offers or as an invitation for preliminary negotiations.

4 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

I hope no one I go to school with ever finds my blog.

By the way, how do you know what Google searches are leading people to your blog?

9:44 PM  
Blogger Nomadic said...

statcounter has this thing called recent keyword activity. I get the weirdest keyword searches.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Butterflyfish said...

Meagan, if you do pot in class, you're definitely getting noticed.

:-)

Oh, and checking statcounter in class is how my blog got found by my classmates. Suckity.

4:58 AM  
Blogger angela said...

I'm guessing that I really, really should not ever check my blog in class or in the library ever again then?.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home