Friday, October 20, 2006

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron"

Yesterday was Thursday, the usual night of law school debauchery. I went out and I almost got into a fight with a 1L.

I was sitting around talking to some people, and I did have some alcohol in my system by this point. There was a 1L near me, and he normally in law school is as straight-edge as they come...dressed well and polite. But last night, he got drunk and started saying some things involving women and racial minorities that shocked even me. I will not repeat these things here, but it is suffice to say that he believes that women serve only one purpose, and that there is no use for minorities. I told him to can it, and had I not been worried about how me punching out a fellow law student would look when I'm sitting for the Bar, I would have totally decked him. At least now, I, along with the bunch of law students who heard him, know who he really is, despite his appearances otherwise.

I've written about this previously. Some people get on me for instinctively shooting from the hip. But I think that shooting from the hip is much better than pretending to be someone you're not.

P.S. 100 bonus points for you in my book if you know what 20th century novel, standard in high school curriculums across the country, the title of the post is from.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nomadic said...

J.D. Salinger

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home