Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Follow the leader

1L year, people break into their own cliques and do everything together. Sit in class together, eat together, study groups together, bar review together, spring break, etc. While I personally disapprove of it, the idea of spending your waking moments together with the same group of people is understandable, since you're all forced to take all your classes together with people in your section and need a support network to replace the old one you left behind in college.

But what I find absolutely ridiculous are 2Ls and 3Ls who take classes together. They usually consist of couples or groups of friends who take all the same classes together. There are at least three couples who are consistently in my classes, as well as a group of obnoxious 2L boys that I always see take classes together. For me, one of the luxuries of being a upperclassman is that no classes are determined for you and you get to pick whatever you want. But then, these groups are purposely picking the same classes even if they're not that interested in them, just so that they can spend time together and study together, at the expense of their academic development. Whatever floats your boat, people. But it's not something that I would ever want.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paragon2Pieces said...

the group think is the worst part of law school IMHO

11:10 PM  
Blogger nicolle said...

i took a class for that reason this semester. it's a pretty bad class, but then again the class offerings this semester were awful anyway. i don't regret it...it's better to sit through a class with a friend, passing notes and giggling, than sit through something equally bad alone.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Nomadic said...

I think I know who the group is... theyre in one of my classes.

But I'm so good at blocking people out, its not even bothersome anymore.

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home