Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Woe

Last year as a 1L, another male 1L and I were out at a local watering hole known for being a undergrad hangout. We were talking to two girls. They said they were first-years. [UCLA doesn't use the freshman, sophomore, etc. categories but uses instead 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years.] Assuming that they were first-year college students, my friend and I said that we were first-year undergrads as well (well, the first-year part was true).

Except that the two of them turned out to be first-year med students. So, I had just talked my way into being 4+ years younger than them. Way to go, genius, I thought to myself. And by then, it was too late for a save.

Fast forward a year. Yesterday, I ran into one of the girls on campus, and who remembered me. And she asks how my 2nd year of college is. Good, I say. Have you decided what you want to major in? English, I say. What do you want to do after college? Probably law school.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nomadic said...

ahhahahaha
well...
hhahahahaha
sorry
hahahah
ok, well thats kind of too bad. unless you fess up?

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home