Thursday, February 07, 2008

Young turks

1L OCIP has arrived.

They're all dressed up, ready to explain to firms how "working at a firm for the summer will allow me to put my legal skills to use and to see law in practice and not just in theory, something that I felt was lacking in law school." And how at your firm, "working with the brightest and most talented lawyers in town will teach me and challenge me, and how my one year of legal education will hopefully provide a valuable addition for your team."

They've started to master the art of interview nonsense-speak.

My 1Ls have all grown up. (sheds tear)

4 Comments:

Blogger ManintheMiddle said...

I know I'm nit-picking, but in the second to last line, did you mean to type "They've" instead of "They're"?

7:55 AM  
Blogger The Fox said...

correction noted.

8:49 AM  
Blogger ManintheMiddle said...

At this point in my law school life, my brain only moves in one of three directions: Facebook, Editing, and Drinking (not necessarily in that order).

8:53 AM  
Blogger 1L_anon said...

interview nonsense-speak is the worst type of speak. i hate wearing a suit to school.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home