Thursday, August 16, 2007

Impressions

So, I stopped by the law school for like 5 minutes today to do some OCI bidding stuff. Today also happened to be the first day of orientation for the fresh1Ls. Here's three general impressions I got from spending some time with them:

1. The 1L girls are most definitely better looking than your average law school girl. I'm sure lots of upperclassboys are excited, being able to play the "wise sophisticated 2/3L' card. The losers will be the upperclassgirls, who will be drawing less attention from the upperclassboys.

2. There's a lot more
diversity in this year's class, and I probably attribute it to better financial incentives to the minority students. For example, there is by my count 1 African-American male and 2 half-white males in my entire 2L class of 340. I'm glad to see that there's a lot more color in the fresh1L class.

3. The fresh1Ls are much more hardcore than we ever were (and the 3Ls claimed that we're a lot more hardcore than they were). The fresh1Ls were asking me questions about exams and jobs and all that jazz, when they haven't even had a real law school class yet. But I guess that is the consequence of the whole "lets move to 14" mentality the administrators have, by drawing more students from the Ivies and less from Southern California that typically dominated the class.

4 Comments:

Blogger Paragon2Pieces said...

perhaps the upperclassgirls will be better off for the lack of 2/3L male attention.

law student on law student action kinda creeps me out.

7:27 PM  
Blogger The Fox said...

yes, but I think for pride purposes, the 2/3L girls are disappointed, as I've heard some mention basically that it's disgusting how us guys are paying so much attention to the female 1Ls.

10:15 PM  
Blogger A. Marigold said...

I hear the "wise sophisticated 2/3L card" isn't working so well for some of them. The girls I know who went to the WBC thing after orientation were really creeped out by the 2Ls who were doing a really bad job of hitting on them. ;)

Other than that, I would say that's true of the law school (male and female) in general. Totally hotter than other law schools. ;) Which isn't saying much, but, oh well.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Nomadic said...

I agree with the cross-breeding ickyness, but as an upperclassman girl, I've still got game biatch. Not much has changed.

But, I must say the 1L class is a goodlooking class, men and women alike.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home