Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I'm flattered

Random girl I talked to for five minutes tonight at a bar, to me:
"I can tell right now that you're just trouble."

Background:
I am in law school.
After class, went to play racquetball and took a nap.
At the bar, I was still dressed in a shirt and slacks from a law firm reception I went to earlier today.
After the reception, I went home and spent 4 hours doing my taxes, FAFSA, and need access, all of which I have yet to finish and are due this Friday.
After which I went to the bar.

As I told her, she had me read like a book. I'm just trouble.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Namby Pamby said...

It's that damnable women's intuition...or the Patriot Act

8:08 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I have used that line! I can't tell from your post if you saw through it or not. But most guys don't catch on when we're using lines (or, well, they don't care).

10:31 AM  
Blogger M.T. said...

FAFSA isn't due until April if you're already in law school - that's what our finaid office said.

And are you sure about need access? My understanding was that's a one-time deal... might check with the school about that.

2:42 PM  
Blogger The Fox said...

dizzy-i knew it was a line, but i was too tired to flirt with her to continue the banter. (imagine that!--a guy declining to continue a conversation with a moderately attractive girl who is showing signs of interest) my point was that the line was ironic had she known what i did all day.

m.t.-not sure how they do it at cornell, but uclaw has an institutional process where we have to fill out fafsa and need access every year, due by 3/2. so it only applies here.

4:08 PM  
Blogger angela said...

That's better than the last line a guy gave me when at a club. He asked me where my drink was, and I told him that it was at the bar - the bartender had yet to pour it, and he should speak with him about that immediately.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Lily Graypure said...

I've been called "trouble" on more than one occasion. I think the boys who think I'm trouble are sissies.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home