Monday, August 21, 2006

Back to school

Finished with my first day of law school. I did not act like a fool, packed my lunch, my shoes tied tight, and did not get into a fight (bonus points if you know what I am talking about). Anyway, classes did not seem all that intimidating as portrayed in movies, but then again, today was only law school lite.

But life has become like high school all over again. In between classes, I (along with everyone else) rushed to our lockers to put our books away and prepare for the next class. We all ate lunch at the cafeteria next door. And there was everyone awkwardly trying to introduce themselves to everyone else. Oh, and some of us got wedgies from the football team. Just kidding, the football team did not haze us. It was the Law Reviewers.

On a side note: 1L is split up into 12 supposedly random sections, except even after the first day, everyone knows they're not random, especially regarding minorities. Certain sections have more color than others. Other sections have more old people. The frat boys dominate in other sections. The two strict mormons are in the same section together as well. I guess the principle of critical mass overrules the principle of random distribution.

1 Comments:

Blogger buffalodawg said...

Congratulations on your succesful completion of day 1. I'm on day 6 now and am still in the delusional phase that this is all easy and understandable. I'll check back on your blog to see if the UCLA and UGA law school experience are similar.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home