Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Why you should proofread

Today was the deadline for signing up for OCIP. Earlier, I had sent out about 25 resumes on my own and I figured that I might as well participate in OCIP. I opened up the resume word document to update my telephone number. I proceed to read the rest of my resume.

My interests, according to the resumes I sent out, were "travel, ass fishing, piano." It was supposed to read "travel, bass fishing, piano."

I am not making this stuff up.

If I get a job out of my first batch of resumes, it will either be because 1) the interviewer just looked at my GPA and skipped the rest of the resume or 2) the interviewer enjoys ass fishing as well.

3 Comments:

Blogger CM said...

If you get an interview out of your first batch of resumes... maybe you should avoid it. Who knows what kind of sickos would want to hire you?

3:48 AM  
Blogger Butterflyfish said...

Next time, don't include the missing B. Capitalize ASS.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Lily Graypure said...

See, I am SO glad to have left law school, where so many people actually care of your resume has a typo on the last part of your resume, the part that no one should ever really have to put on the resume in the first place.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home